Salamanca Rail Musium

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the Salamanca Rail Museum formerly known as the Buffalo, Rochester and Pittsburgh depot. The bulk of the BR&P's facilities were in East Salamanca, but they did have this passenger station on Main Street just north of the Erie Station (Seen Here). This station still exists and has been operated as the Salamanca Rail Museum since sometime in the eighties. Restoration was begun when the building was acquired in 1980, with a combination of volunteer labor, government funds, and private donations this building was brought back to its original appearance. I am not sure when it was completed though, I'll have to ask.

0013_3.jpg

003-1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

The Salamanca Rail Museum is located at 170 Main Street Salamanca, NY, If you ever find your self in Salamanca feel free to stop by.

:lol: Even if you are not interested in the rail road history, the younger two of the curators are hobby photographers. I talk more photography than rails in there as it is, then again I do actually have desent knowledge of this stuff to beginwith but that is beside to point.

Am I really that boring?
Yes.

j/k.........;)

Man..., two things I have not seen in a few years. Hills, and snow. I never realized how much i miss hills until just now...

Sounds like an interesting place.

Yes.

j/k.........;)

Man..., two things I have not seen in a few years. Hills, and snow. I never realized how much i miss hills until just now...

Sounds like an interesting place.

Yeah, we have several ski resorts not far from here.

Oddly enough, every last bit of that snow is gone now too, A few days in the mid-sixties took care of that :(. I was down snapping off a few more of the place with the snow gone this morning.

Yeah, we have several ski resorts not far from here.

Oddly enough, every last bit of that snow is gone now too, A few days in the mid-sixties took care of that :(. I was down snapping off a few more of the place with the snow gone this morning.

the afore mentioned shots minus the snows, Two different days, two different cameras.

004-3.jpg

RailMusium_2.jpg

I'm tempted to go over there and fix that soffet my self :meh:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back