Salutations Comrades!

AngleRain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone, I'm new here, haha, I've had allot of forum experience, but if I do something wrong or inappropriate, please tell me ;D

I live in Canada, I'm grateful there is allot of great scenery here, barely have to leave my back yard ;D

I'm an ammature with a horrible Nikon Coolpix 4600, its 7 years old, has only 4 mega pixels and has a big crack on the battery holder.. flap (lol, I don't know what to call it)

I have a very limited budget, but was looking for a good camera to use for landscape shots (My specialty I guess)
I am most likely going to get a Fujifilm Finepix S 1500, or a
Canon Powershot SX120.

( Understand that they have flip-up flash's and that they are horrible, but I don't have enough money to get a separate flash unit at the moment)

Any suggestions on cameras or lenses or accessories?
Anything really, I really need some advise.

Here are some of my shots:
(I edited them a bit, as much as I hate to do it)
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb91/ToaOfWaffles/Photo-1.jpg
I didn't edit this one though (I had to up size it to 800 x 600, so it looks a bit blurry...) ;)
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb91/ToaOfWaffles/n1422145529_86317_3737-2.jpg

Thanks!

Kompad приветствиям: :lmao:
Welcome to the forum.

Good cameras are depending on how much you want to spend and how good you really are.. (Remember that even Ansel Adams used a pinhole a few times)
Best thing to do is learn the photography type, then focus in on the camera.
You would be suprised as to what small cameras are capible of, and what they are not. Just gotta think small.. lol

Welcome to the forum.

Seeing as you are here, I would assume you have an interest in 'photography' and not just snap shots. If that's the case, I'd suggest you take a look at getting an SLR type camera, rather than the type of cameras you have linked to.

A DSLR will be more expensive, but it gives you the option of changing or upgrading the lens, which is a huge advantage. Also, a DSLR has a much bigger image sensor, which (among other things) can give you much better image quality.

Have a look at the entry level DSLR cameras from Canon & Nikon.

Any suggestions on any DSLR cameras?

Very nice, I like the Canon EOS 1000D / Digital Rebel XS, Is it good for amatures?

I would suggest a nikon d40. Its a great dslr for the money.

Im thinking about the Nikon D60, or the Canon EOS 1000D, witch would you suggest?
Although I have heard bad things about the Canon EOS 1000D......

Canon or Nikon are both VERY good choices. I use Canon... But I was very nearly a Nikon user.

When it comes down to it... you should go to an actual photography store and hold them. Sometimes they look good on paper but don't feel quite as good in your hand.

Some are lightwieght and some are heavier. A big part of photography (IMO) is being comfortable with the gear you use. Another good site for comparison is Camera Labs: Digital Camera, DSLR and Lens Reviews.

Most reactions

Back