Salutations

enigMATTic122

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello.

My name is Matt. I live in Rhode Island in the US. I've been taking photographs since my parents trusted that I could hold a camera. Of course this resulted in most of thier cameras being destroyed. Eventually I realised that if I don't destroy the camera, I can take more than 2 rolls of film. So now, I own a Minolta Maxxum 5. I take it almost anywhere with me.

A lot of people have a specific type of photography they like to do. I really don't. I just take photographs of what I see, and how I see it. I never really compose my shots. It shows in a lot of my photographs, but people seem to like the results of almost all of my shots that I show them.

I use photography as a medium to delve deeper into the world around me. I become more intune with the surrounding world when I look through the lens, which results in a blissful ignorance in the problems of my life. My girlfriend Emily and I have found photography as a great way to bond, we sporadically plan trips and go photographing. However, I think the rock climbing and bungee jumping we've done recently has helped as well. :LOL:

Ah, the darkroom. I guess I should mention I love the darkroom. I only was able to use one in my junior year of highschool, which was last year, but it was great. My friend Mike and I spent many days experimenting with the effects of curiousity, chemicals, negatives and photographic paper along with anything else we had in our immediate reach.

I have a website I started recently. I'd love for people to visit it.

http://www.mwphoto.shyper.com/

I also started a photography forum, although it's much smaller than this one, I'd love for people to join this too. It's mostly my friends, so any people that are willing to talk to them about photography and possibly give them a few pointers, please join. I need activity to get members, it's really hard to start a forum.

http://www.mwphoto.shyper.com/forum

I kinda lost what I was saying, but I think you get it. Thank you for having this wonderful forum. :)

Welcome, Matt.

Yet another Matt! Welcome abroad.

What's up Matt. Welcome to the group!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back