Salvador Dali's Martini - Thanks Derrel!

Hey... making the perfect martini is not easy! ;)

Because it's an exercise that you could learn from and use in a future photography.
Because if done right could be something you hang on your wall.
Because (most importantly) it's fun! :)

Are you shooting this outdoors still? I feel like I can see the reflection of your backyard.

I liked the edits that Don Konda and cgipson offered!

Next up: Baccardi 151 and Coke, and three crazy ladies...

John,

played with your second offering too... brightened a little, and raised contrast (but not on the lemon). Also tried to fill in the reflection with light... as Ballistics mentioned, part of your backyard of something is visible... (hope you don't mind.. home, sick.. feel like poop! Bored! And this is fun!)

$aaaaaa.jpg

Because it's an exercise that you could learn from and use in a future photography.
Because if done right could be something you hang on your wall.
Because (most importantly) it's fun! :)

Are you shooting this outdoors still? I feel like I can see the reflection of your backyard.
You can - once I get the lighting and composition all dialed in, I'll do a series inside under proper conditions.

John,

played with your second offering too... brightened a little, and raised contrast (but not on the lemon). Also tried to fill in the reflection with light... as Ballistics mentioned, part of your backyard of something is visible... (hope you don't mind.. home, sick.. feel like poop! Bored! And this is fun!)
I don't mind at all that you're home sick! ;) Seriously, that does look good - hope you're feeling better soon.

I'm inspired to try this myself.

Think the color and brightness are improved on this last one, but I preferred the previous framing/crop as well as the shot itself. More bubbles.

Think the shape of the glass needs more breathing room and I also like the reflection of the stem. But if you want the stem to go, I suggest more space on top.

And more bubbles. :)

...Or material for a Canada Council for the Arts Grant
You really think it's that bad? :(

NO :)

In fact, the exact opposite...

I get the impression from talking to my peers that have served as judges that they look at A Lot of proposals and seem to be more receptive to considering applicants that already exhibit some talent...

Cheers, Don

Most reactions

New Topics

Back