Same Door, different day and crop

Rick58

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I sat on this one overnight thinking I'd take a second look in the morning to see if I still liked it.

Out of boredom last night I sat here chopping up my last door photo and flinging the sliders around much like a modern artist flinging globs of paint at a canvas, and stopped at this. I thought it looked kind'a cool, even if it was half an accident. :lol: Unfortunately it's only a very small crop of the frame, so the quality isn't there but, it's only a 5 minutes drive from my front door. I may just go back there today and take a second look.
So.... for a slow weekend conversation, is it worth the gas for a 5 minute trip, or is it only an over processed mail slot? Let the egg throwing begin...

$Door, playing around(a).jpg

My reaction to it was not positive, but that's me.

My reaction to it was not positive, but that's me.

Thanks Chris. No feelings to hurt here. Just Saturday morning coffee conversation. In fact, I probably should have dumped it in the "Just For Fun" cat.

Rick, MHO, the crop is okay and may work but to me the processing is pushed over the edge. Again, that is my taste, others may love it.

Rick, MHO, the crop is okay and may work but to me the processing is pushed over the edge. Again, that is my taste, others may love it.

Thanks Ron. Second blow and my nose is a little bloody. The processing is WAY over the top for my style of photography. Something just caught my eye. In B&W? boring.... "standard" processing?, boring. I guess if you put a tuxedo on a pile of dog crap, it's still a pile of dog crap in a tuxedo :lol:

JUst needs to be seen in the right context, I think. I like the formal balance. The colors are a bit odd, but I can tell that's deliberate. Might look okay printed on a good matte paper...it's sort of an offbeat, small piece of wall-art kind of image...sort of a collage-filler type of shot. No offense intended by that, but I think if it were presented within some type of CONTEXT, that it could work okay. It's not "epic", but it could be "regular Army", if you get my drift.

Rick, I appreciate the way you've shown determination to get something out of this shot, but IMO you could just revisit the site and find another angle or different light, or something that you missed the first time. I just know there is a shot there, you just have to find it.

JUst needs to be seen in the right context, I think. I like the formal balance. The colors are a bit odd, but I can tell that's deliberate. Might look okay printed on a good matte paper...it's sort of an offbeat, small piece of wall-art kind of image...sort of a collage-filler type of shot. No offense intended by that, but I think if it were presented within some type of CONTEXT, that it could work okay. It's not "epic", but it could be "regular Army", if you get my drift.

Hey Derrel, funny you mentions the colors. Actually it wasn't deliberate at all. I didn't do anything to the colors. Just contrast and tonal mapping. The blues popped out as a applied the mapping.

To all: Like I said near the top, I probably should have started this in "Just For Fun". It's certainly not my type of photography. I just stumbled on it while bored and playing around. The colors and textures looked interesting to me and I thought I'd throw it up for some discussion.
100 years from now when my name is mentioned during a university lecture on historically renown photographers, I doubt this one will be mentioned. :biglaugh:

More door!

Most reactions

Back