Same model for 56 years

Streets

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Which of these renditions do you think is best?
DSC00006a.jpg
DSC00006b.jpg

#1 better WB, IMO

Yes the 2nd one is showing a bit yellow on my pc (which is calibrated but not recently!).

both appear to have been smeared with Vaseline before shooting...

I would drop the heavy glamour.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#1 is pretty much the way it came out of my Sony a57. It was shot in soft mode Medium, and slightly desaturated. The model(wife) likes #2 just the way it came out of the camera. I prefer #1. I used the 70-300 G at 105mm(35mm equiv.) at ISO3200; natural morning light coming through the patio door.

I don't understand "drop the heavy glamor". It's just how my 78 year old wife happens to look. The smile comes easily to her. It was basically a snapshot.

The smile is great, and she's a wonderful looking lady, but the image seems to have both an artificial softness which I'm guessing is the result of a blur layer and some sort of ghosting/haloing. These are treatments that are reminiscent of an '80s "glamour" look, thankfully now largely defunct.

The smile is great, and she's a wonderful looking lady, but the image seems to have both an artificial softness which I'm guessing is the result of a blur layer and some sort of ghosting/haloing. These are treatments that are reminiscent of an '80s "glamour" look, thankfully now largely defunct.
Tirediron, my Sony A57 has a "soft" mode with LOW, MEDium, and HIgh levels. My wife like it because it smooths those wrinkles a bit.

Tirediron, my Sony A57 has a "soft" mode with LOW, MEDium, and HIgh levels. My wife like it because it smooths those wrinkles a bit.
Ahhh... gotcha. Didn't realize that. There are definitely better ways (IMO) to achieve that, but at the end of the day if CinC Home Fleet likes it, that's all that matters!

That's a long time.

I don't understand "drop the heavy glamor". It's just how my 78 year old wife happens to look. The smile comes easily to her. It was basically a snapshot.
Tirediron explained it, beautiful wife. My wife likes the glamour effect too, as well as duct taping her neck to pull the turkey gizzard back....oh my, I hope she never reads that.

...My wife likes the glamour effect too, as well as duct taping her neck to pull the turkey gizzard back....oh my, I hope she never reads that.
Hey JC... can I have your camera? I don't think you'll be needing it much longer!

No, just no. If you want to hide wrinkles shoot into the sun to reduce contrast.

Most reactions

Back