Same spot, different sunset (Luleå again)

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken last night around 11:30 pm in Porsön/Luleå ... again 2 minutes walk from my doorstep.
Same location as : http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84420

The weather was alot different from last time. So here comes the sunset in three formats ;).

Don't ban me for sunset-spamming ;)

1: water and vegetation
_MG_8852.jpg

2: wider
_MG_8855.jpg

3: Porsön sunset panorama (do not forget to scroll ;) )
_MG_8857.jpg

#1 is my fav.. On the pano you can see a line on the water between the first and second sections otherwise the colors are gorgeous!

Well, that pano is a crop from one image. so there are no artificial sections. those lines on the water are real and result from the smeared reflections of the sky. you can see lots of those lines in all three images and you could see them on the spot with your eyes.

I stand corrected.

since you did not know how it was created, you could not know :)

this optical effect is quite common whenever there are ripples on the water and you have some high contrast structure in the sky.

thanks anyway :)

as long as they continue to look like these, spam away! ;)

What a beautiful sight! They are all gorgeous, but I really like the 'vegetation' in shot 1. And as Tangerini said, with sunsets like these, 'spam away'!

Sweet Alex ... and what time was this sunset? Personally, I might crop a bit off the top in number one ... the gray clouds don't add a lot to the image and the crop would help move the heavy black shoreline away from the center.

Although the pano is wonderful ... the closeness of the reeds in #1 just draws you into the image in a much more personal fashion. #1 for me.

Gary

Sweet Alex ... and what time was this sunset?

As posted ... 11:30-ish ... at night.

Personally, I might crop a bit off the top in number one ... the gray clouds don't add a lot to the image and the crop would help move the heavy black shoreline away from the center.

Thought of the same, but just could not decide to do it ;)

Although the pano is wonderful ... the closeness of the reeds in #1 just draws you into the image in a much more personal fashion. #1 for me.

I know, the vegetation does help the image alot... it is a shame i could not get a pano that style ... the position of the sun and the water just did not allow for it.

You put my sunset to shame......:blushing:

don't be silly ;)

it is just a very different sunset... and I like the soft clouds in yours, much more calm than mine here.

Also, my current doorstep seems to be just perfect for this kind of shots ... could do it almost every second night ... almost without leaving the house ;)

as long as they continue to look like these, spam away! ;)

I am getting bored of my water-sunsets though ... and each time i collect so many mosquito bites for them ;)

I hope to be able to travel inland a bit later this month ..that would mean mountains, water, and 24hours of sunlight then.

Most reactions

Back