Samsung nx2000 vs nx300

Redwing24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for a push in the right direction, I use to have a d90 and a d7000, I've sold off all my gear and just looking for a decent mirrorless system. I do lots if stills but also like to take some action shots of my girls playing softball. So here the question do I go with the nx2000 with extra lens 50-200 for 499 or go with the nx300 without extra lens only with 20-50 for 449?? Which is the best bang for my buck.

I have the NX300 with the 20-50.The sensor is around the same size as your Nikon DSLR.The IQ is very good and is very impressive on continues shooting speed but of course has a tiny buffer. A shutter speed of up to 1/6000th is also impressive.However there is no Viewfinder and very difficult to Impossible to see the LCD in bright sunlight.It has a lot of nice features,very user friendly and seems well built. I would love to recommend it to anyone looking for a mirror less but because of lack of the VF and LCD being hard or impossible to see in bright light, I have to say look elsewhere.JMHO

Last edited:
I have had three nx2000, i keep returning them, and i find the touchscreen unresponsive on every one on the left edge of the screen and sometimes have to press button two or three times, though i love the look and feel of the camera, i find the 20-50mm and 16mm are a bit slow and makes a lot of noise and dont have IS, i would like to have tried the 18-55mm to see if it`s any better.

The image quality is very good, very little noise, but the exposure system is only average, and can underexpose.

John.

Out of the two I'd get the NX300. It has hybrid AF with phase detection. Also has the articulation in the screen. I've taken it out on a sunny day, it's not too bad to compose shots. They sell anti-glare screen protectors that help. Plus you can pivot the screen in a way to help. Another tip in shooting without a EVF/OVF is putting the screen in framing mode. Anyways, I've been using my NX300 and I absolutely love it. The NX30 would be nice improvement over it if you had the extra funds. And there is the rumor of an optional EVF in a NX400 in the future.

Great camera I had one but it needs a view finder..........

Most reactions

New Topics

Back