San Diego Seascape at Sunset Cliffs.

Desi

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife signed me up for a National Geographic lanscape seminar and basically gave me the day off today. It was a wonderful gift. After the seminar I headed to Point Loma and then after sunset made my way down to the Sunset Cliffs.

This is a 5 minute exposure at about 8 pm. Almost full moon behind me and I added a bit of light painting to the rock.

CC welcome. The boat lights annoy me but there are lights throughout the horizon. Not sure if I can get rid of them with lightroom alone.

DSC_1501.jpg by Javier Descalzi, on Flickr

Nice, Desi! Is that your shadow on the rock.. it is a little distracting! If you would like, I would be happy to clone out the lights and boat for you... let me know.

I tried to get rid of the shadow, and evened out the exposure on the rocks. Also cloned out the horizon lights and the boat and lights

Attachments

• $desi1.jpg
    $desi1.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 117
Wow, Thanks Charlie!! That does look a lot nicer.

I've tried to clone out long lines like that with the clone tool in lightroom but it usually winds up looking worse for the effort.

Yes, that shadow is me and the rock I was sitting on. I moved around to minimize my shadow and tried to enhance the shadowed part of the rock by light painting, but I'm not sure if my puny flashlight did anything at all.

I'll try some more work on these shots tonight.

Here's another from the set. A closer crop, but from a different shot.

DSC_1500.jpg by Javier Descalzi, on Flickr

Swing and a miss on this one^

However I like the first photo, the edit cgipson1 did was really nice.

C&C wise I like the soft water but want more of a subject / anchor to hold my attention.

Thanks for the CC guys. I see what you mean Spacefuzz. I've really been enjoying nighttime seascapes and can't wait to get out again to practice some more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back