San Francisco

Ick, people like that....:roll:
She could have at least got one of those little pocket cameras that work perfectly fine.

I should stop posting in this thread, we are using it like an instant messanger, lol.
But yeah, maybe if someone sets up a meet I will try to go. It sounds fun to be around other people who like photography like I do.

Yeah i can kind of understand the whole meeting random strangers, then agian im 20 i dont have the limits that you guys have. But if we did meet up it can be at a cafe or something like that, if you guys want to go take pictures we can go downtown or something.

If you guys cant make it its cool, i can understand.

But how about the rest of you guys???

i can usually make it on weekends. and usually im going someplace fun to shoot anyways, I havent been to Yosemite yet, but i feel that would be a 2-3 day project. Takes awhile to drive there+a while to hike to anyplace that i would like to take a picture.

Something better would be
anyplace in the city, Stinson Beach, Muir Woods, Point Reyes, any of the parks on this side of the bay.

I would vote for the city, its easy for a first meet up, it has both nature (GG park/ Presidio) as well as industrial and beaches. IF we planned in advace we could catch a swell comming in from the ocean and go to the GG beach or some of the cliffs along the Presidio near the GG brides and catch some good shots of monster waves. I heard that this saturday there are supposed to be 15-20foot swells comming in.

I'm all for a meet-up (although my mom isn't :roll:). I do seem to have this little.... "problem", though, when meeting people that I haven't before. It's the same with talking on the phone...
I'm a very shy person, and I get kind of... nervous, you could say. If I were to go to any kind of meet-up, I'd probably just sit on a bench the whole time, mumbling to myself and playing with the settings on my point and shoot.... Heh.

Id be down, but i think its going to rain this week end

Contact me on aim if you want to talk about it in dept.

^^Cherrymoose, I'm shy too when I first meet a person. A lot of people think I'm unsociable when I first meet them, lol. Don't worry, if I went I would talk to you. ;)
Also, if I went on one of these "meets", it's going to have to involve more than just a few people...the bigger the group the better. My parents probably won't like the idea of me meeting just like two people. My mom (Just like pretty much all moms) is paranoid about things like this.

Brandon- "Someday I will be free!"

Yeah so of now it seems the only ppl interested are fightheheathens and I. That would be a pretty small meet up lol, im sure there are other who are in sf, lets hope some one else sees the thread and responds.

But if fightheheathens is down i dont mind having a two person "meet". Just go out and shoot some pics some where, its always more fun with some one else.

^^Cherrymoose, I'm shy too when I first meet a person. A lot of people think I'm unsociable when I first meet them, lol. Don't worry, if I went I would talk to you. ;-)
I'm flattered. :p

Fighttheheathens & Loser101, I think the idea of a meetup sounds fun, but... I don't know. I guess I'll have to think about it a little bit more, and go over with my mom (yes, yes, I know...) about it.

^^ :lol:

Just go out and shoot some pics some where, its always more fun with some one else.

That's why I really want to come to one of these. If only my friends at school had the same interests as I did... :er:

What kind of photogprahy you guys into?

So we have a ruff idea where we can go. I personly like architecture and random stuff on the street. If you guys want we can go some where to shoot nature we can go to GG park or the Arboretum. Or if you guys rather we can go downtown.

Id acually be done to do it saturday but i dont know how u guys feel......

so yeah.....
http://www.sfbotanicalgarden.org/

:er:

That's why I really want to come to one of these. If only my friends at school had the same interests as I did... :er:

Mmhmm, I feel the same way. My friends always scream at me for carrying my camera around at lunch and trying to get candid, artistic shots of them.... haha.

What kind of photogprahy you guys into?

IF I were to go (sometime, if not soon) I've always wanted to try street photography in the city. And urban exploring. And getting stuff down at the Presidio. :wink:

Why do I get a :er: ?

But yeah, I would really like to try SF around the city sometime. Last time I was there, we (My family and I) stuck around the GG bridge mostly, and that's hard to find creative shots of, because if you find a good spot or angle, chances are, it's already been taken by someone else 10 years earlier! :lol:

Why do I get a :er: ?

Because I felt like it. :p

But yeah, I would really like to try SF around the city sometime. Last time I was there, we (My family and I) stuck around the GG bridge mostly, and that's hard to find creative shots of, because if you find a good spot or angle, chances are, it's already been taken by someone else 10 years earlier! :lol:

Haha, so true. I would like to get some decent shots of it, but I'd also like to branch out and shoot some lesser known stuff. Even at Golden Gate park or something, I'm sure there's some nice and unique spots for shooting.

Most reactions

Back