Sanderling

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Why not go to the beach in February in CT? These little sandpipers are quite cute. They hang out with gulls but they hop all over the place quite fast. I decided to throw a 1.4x TC on the Tamron 200-500 for the first three shots. It was dark and overcast but surprisingly the AF still worked a little.

1 with TC

Sanderling 5 by krisinct, on Flickr

2 with TC

Sanderling 4 by krisinct, on Flickr

3 with TC

Sanderling 3 by krisinct, on Flickr

4 without TC

Sanderling 2 by krisinct, on Flickr

5 without TC

Sanderling 1 by krisinct, on Flickr

Cool set Coastal! I like the first shot, he totally looks like he should tip over!

Love the 3rd and 4th shots, side view and nice low angle.

Great job again. Beautiful birds and loving the rocks and shells too. You inspire me Coastal.

Thanks everyone! These little guys were pretty funny to watch as they were trying to avoid the waves.

As always, great shots! Love the 1st, as anyone who can nap standing on one leg is OK by me.

BTW, you may have just convinced me to pull the trigger on a TC. My head has been close to exploding reading all the reviews on the positives and negatives.

BTW, you may have just convinced me to pull the trigger on a TC. My head has been close to exploding reading all the reviews on the positives and negatives.
I still have mixed feelings. It isn't supposed to work as well as it did. But the results were surprisingly good on some of the shots. I decided instead of loosing the stop in shutter speed, I would eat it in ISO. Since it filled more of the frame, noise wasn't too bad. The jury is still out, but for now it looks promising...

Most reactions

Back