Santa Catalina Island Pier

Jgould25

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spent an amazing few days on Catalina Island this past weekend. Took tons of pictures, thought I'd share. All critiques welcome.

mahk8dr.jpg

I like the photo. I do feel a little distracted by the boat in the back. I am not sure which is supposed to be the point that draws me in. I want to look at the pier portion but my eyes keep pulling to the boat. Just my 2 cents.

I like the photo. I do feel a little distracted by the boat in the back. I am not sure which is supposed to be the point that draws me in. I want to look at the pier portion but my eyes keep pulling to the boat. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the input. Yes the focus was supposed to be the pier. The whole area around it is boat mo0ring though, so it was really hard to kind of get the shot I wanted without a boat in the back ground, so instead i was thinking of keeping one lined up with the pier to kind of make the line continue... if that makes sense?

I completely understand. I had an issue with one of my photos and my framing that kind of put things into perspective for me. I can understand how it could be hard... what I learned is sometimes the shots are worth the wait. Nevertheless I still enjoy the image :)

Most reactions

Back