Santa Watch

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is hot off the NASA Press. I swear, this really went out on our Press releases:

NASA'S KENNEDY SPACE CENTER GIVES RUNWAY ACCESS TO SANTA

NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida has come to an agreement with the North Pole to permit Santa Claus and his reindeer exclusive use of the Shuttle Landing Facility on Christmas Eve.

The jolly fellow plans to use the runway as a rest stop on his global gift-delivery run. Since Kennedy employees have never seen Santa during his past visits, they'll closely watch the runway in hopes of catching a glimpse of him this year.

This is not the first time the agency has opened one of its most recognizable facilities for outside use. Kennedy recently agreed to allow two civilian businesses to use the shuttle's runway and its facilities, as part of a pilot program to expand runway access for non-NASA activities.

During Santa's brief stop at Kennedy on Christmas Eve, he hopes to take an up-close look at the facilities that will help return humans back to the moon and eventually on to Mars.

"Santa has often said he envies NASA's beyond-Earth-orbit journeys,"
said Ima Elf, lead engineer in Santa's workshop. "He prefers traveling with his reindeer, but Santa has great interest in NASA's space vehicles. He can't wait for humans to be stationed on the moon so he can make his first legitimate visit there. He has his own Vision for Space Exploration and hopes to have an annex shop on the lunar North Pole in the future."

For more information about NASA and agency programs on the Web, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/home

-end-​

that's great they finally achieved an agreement... Santa may not be late this year

anyone else thinking nasa has nothing else to work on here?? i mean, this is cute...
but pah-leese... the universe is at its disposal.... could we watch a few meteors here??? maybe see if we have an astroid heading our way???
there is nothing we need to worry about today????
i should feel all warm and fuzzy inside....cause nasa is all over the santa delemia and that must mean the vast galaxies are good, and no one has any problems there...right????

helllll-ooooo did anyone else watch armagedeon??? thinking since the space program has a few little glitches...( can we spell challenger...? or spell o-rings??? even heat sheilds???) they may should knuckle down and do some mechanical things...and let santa worry about his own self... he seems to have a handle on things so far....none of his little reigndeer bit the dust in the last two hundred years..and his sleigh has not had an "oops" yet....

fog. FOG is the only thing that gave him heck..and he seemed to have hurdled over that little tid bit pretty quick....

yo...nasa, back to work you smarter-than-i-will-ever-be people!!
this aint rocket science....... ok...yes it is.... sorry.....

( just kiddin'...wanted to vent and let lose... i'm done now....)

aprilraven said:
this aint rocket science....... ok...yes it is.... sorry.....

:biglaugh: :lmao:

OK, so after going off about being a Jew at Christmas, I didn't want to say anything, but since the cat's out of the bag...

My first thought when I got this was this: We're spending tax money on this sh*t...Give Jo Cose a friggin' raise if you so much money laying around!

jocose said:
My first thought when I got this was this: We're spending tax money on this sh*t...Give Jo Cose a friggin' raise if you so much money laying around!

is it actually costing money?? it seems like just a publicity stunt to me, giving NASA some street-cred with all the little future astronauts. they need all the good publicity they can get, even it means they need to use santa to get it... :mrgreen:

at any rate i'm all about them giving Jo Cose a raise too! :thumbup:

Naw, I'm sure it doesn't really cost too much extra, and they do it every year. It's just dumb if you ask me, but your right, NASA is long overdue for a spin doctor!

jocose said:
Yea, that's all the world needs...witty scientists.

:lmao:

i wanna know how I can apply for the "lead engineering" job at the North Pole?

jocose said:
and they do it every year.

i thought it sounded familiar... they've been doing it for a long time haven't they...

here ya go jo, you can use this as your sig block :lmao:

49164148-O.jpg

aprilraven said:
helllll-ooooo did anyone else watch armagedeon???

mmmmmm..... Ben Affleck ..... oh ... sorry ... I suppose I should post something like everyone else ...

(but ... BEN AFFLECK!!!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back