Sarah + Josh - Dallas engagement set

jamesbjenkins

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.ballengerphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here a few of our favorite shots from a recent engagement shoot in Dallas and Plano. We started off at an eclectic bookstore/coffee shop in the Bishop Arts District called The Wild Detectives. From there we ventured up to White Rock Lake for some nautical fun. Finally, we ended the shoot at the Arbor Hills Nature Preserve.

We had a blast with this fun, laid back and beautiful couple.

C&C welcome if you feel the need, but mostly just sharing for the enjoyment of the community. Cheers!

Thanks for looking

Really nice set! But the ninth is awesome! I'm sure they are pleased.

Jake

Really like the first one! Looks like a awesome, fun shoot.

Since I like the first one so much, thats the only one I'll critique.

You slightly clipped his head, her hand is slightly blown and his face is slightly underexposed.

But other than that, its a awesome picture and I love the emotion you captured in it.

Nice work! I really like them all. 7 and 12 are my favorites.
Not sure about #16...

James, just a question. Is it the same dress in pictures #10 - 16? Is so, #11 and 16 sure have much more saturation and color. Enough to make it look different. That's probably what you were going for but it's really the only thing I notice.

It is a nice set, I"m sure they will love them.

Thanks for the kind words everybody. This couple is super cool, and I am stoked to shoot their wedding Oct 17. I'll be sure to post more after then, and maybe post a few bridals as well.

Ron,

You're correct, it's the same dress. #16 is a rescue, and a real stretch on the exposure. It was really really dark at that point, but they specifically requested some "feet in the water" images, so I dropped the ISO to kill the noise and just pulled it back up in post. The colors unfortunately got a little crispy, and I couldn't fix it as well as I wanted to...

Some of the skin looks a bit weird but overall a good set. It does not look anything like your old stuff. I must say I like your new stuff 1000X better.

Nice set! I was at Arbor Hills Nature Preserve 3 week ago, it nice in the A.M.

Really Beautiful Clicks! Sarah and Josh are really looking exceptional in those photographs. Specially, Background concept really increases charm of these photos. Great Work.....

They look very happy together. I like the facial expressions in 5, the look of 7, and 10 is a nice shot of the two of them.

Congrats to the couple

Some of the skin looks a bit weird but overall a good set. It does not look anything like your old stuff. I must say I like your new stuff 1000X better.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. I took a break for a few months, mostly because my work wasn't where I wanted it to be and I didn't have the time to invest to make it better. This is the first E-sesh since I started taking wedding clients again. Hopefully, the upcoming shoots will continue to improve...

This is seriously a fantastic set! Even the black and whites really pop which I know isn't always to do. Great job!

Crazy good stuff

Most reactions

New Topics

Back