Saturday's score!

AK47J

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spent Saturday morning with my girlfriend. While walking back to my place we came across a large yard sale. Mostly junk. I spotted an old 35mm camera, marked $20 and an extra lens for $5. I didn't have any cash.
I walked my girlfriend to her car when she was done looking. I ran to the nearest ATM and grabbed some cash. I got back to the yard sale, the camera and extra lens were still there but missing price tags now. Grabbed them up and went to someone running the show. Asked if they would take $20 for the camera with lens on it and the extra lens. She muttered something about the camera being tagged for $30 and then asked me how much I offered. I pulled the $20 from my pocket. She said that's fine and took it.
I began my walk home and started to investigate the camera and the lens attached to it. Took the lens cap off, read the markings and almost ran into a tree, I was shocked. Made it home and looked up the value on the lens. Holy crap, maybe I should have also bought a lotto ticket.
I've put a roll of film through it already, waiting for it to be developed.

Photo was taken with my phone, yuck.
IMG_20140531_160936_116.jpg

Nice score!

I have several Minolta lenses but this one is new to me.

This is the last version of Minolta/Rokkor 50mm f/1.2, it's smaller, lighter, and has an aperture lock for "program mode". The 50mm 1.2 was not as popular as the 58mm 1.2.
I'm excited to try it on my A6000, whenever that gets here.

Sono***un, you snagged it with a 50mm f/1.2 for $20!!! I'm a bit surprised to see that lens on an X-700, but the original owner was probably kind of a shutterbug...or got nailed by a good salesman! Good for you. It's always neat to hear about a good garage sale score!

[Apparently the word son of a gun merits TPF censor-ware action!!! lol!)

Sono***un, you snagged it with a 50mm f/1.2 for $20!!! I'm a bit surprised to see that lens on an X-700, but the original owner was probably kind of a shutterbug...or got nailed by a good salesman! Good for you. It's always neat to hear about a good garage sale score!

[Apparently the word son of a gun merits TPF censor-ware action!!! lol!)

I'm guessing someone running the yard sale looked on ebay for X-700s and saw that they go for around $30 to $50, so they marked it at $30. Probably not knowing much about cameras, they didn't investigate the lens itself.

Why surprised to see a 50/1.2 on a X-700?

I posted this photo and brief story on my facebook. A friend replied to my post with this "Wow lucky guy. Now you can die a happy guy." :meh: What is that supposed to mean?

I posted this photo and brief story on my facebook. A friend replied to my post with this "Wow lucky guy. Now you can die a happy guy." :meh: What is that supposed to mean?

He's envious and wants to bump you off to get the lens ;)

Most reactions

Back