Saturn

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Saturn is nearly at its opposition with Earth, meaning the two planets are as close to each other as they get in their respective orbits.

Captured with a Celestron 8" SCT telescope. Nikon D500 and a 2x Barlow (magnifier), giving it an equivalent focal length of 4000mm, before heavy cropping. Image was captured using video, then processed through Autostakkar, and the camera was controlled from my laptop using Backyard Nikon.

2019-07-08_10-06-23.jpg

Cool pic, very cool! I wonder, if you could do it, how long would it take to run a lap around that ring??? :distant:

Saturn is nearly at its opposition with Earth, meaning the two planets are as close to each other as they get in their respective orbits.

Captured with a Celestron 8" SCT telescope. Nikon D500 and a 2x Barlow (magnifier), giving it an equivalent focal length of 4000mm, before heavy cropping. Image was captured using video, then processed through Autostakkar, and the camera was controlled from my laptop using Backyard Nikon.

View attachment 176276
Bravo!

Very cool.

I took a shot of Saturn last year.
May have to look at it again.

It was at it's opposition on the 9th, but I'm sure it's still fairly large in the view finder right now. Give it a go!

Cool pic, very cool! I wonder, if you could do it, how long would it take to run a lap around that ring??? :distant:
Thanks! Let's see, based on some basic math, if you run at 5mph average, and you run around the inner most ring, it would take you 2330 days, non-stop. Should you be a real marathoner and run at 6.5mph and take the outer most ring, it would be about 3524 days non-stop. I don't know about you, but I cant run to the refrigerator these days, so good luck! :biggrin-93:

View attachment 176276
Bravo!
Thanks you!

Most reactions

Back