Saw HP - GOF (spoilers contained)

LizM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Saw the movie today. As a movie seperate from the book it is very good. As an adaptation of the book it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basically eradicated the Quiddich World Cup and the first death eater sequence. :grumpy:

Never explained WHY the guys are ga ga over the Beabaxton girls (and their entry sequence is almost obscene without that info).:hertz:

The Draco Ferret never actually HITS anything - just gets bounced in middair.:pissed:

Mucked up the whole second challenge thing and made Myrtle come off as a total perv.:irked:

Barely included Rita Skeeter and TOTALLY eradicated the end part for her.:x
ARGHHHH!!! I could rant forever on this! :soapbox:

:-( well considering the size of the book, it was inevitable things were going to be cut out. I just hate it when they cut important story lines that gel the whole thing together.

Well, I'v never been a fan of reading, so, I just see the movie, and, I didn't get it. I have seen the other movies but still didn't get most of this one.

Although the special effects were spectacular!! Man, those were worth the money and the time.

But...

I think I just wasted three hours of my life. :(

I've read the books a few times, I really like them.

I think they did quite a good job of adapting it into a movie. Consider that this in not an easy thing to do...it's a very long book with many characters and details. You have to make some cuts here and there...but you can't just cut some parts of some characters...you have to cut whole parts right out and then figure out a way to convey the main theme of the story without those parts. Most book to movies are much, much worse that what they did with this.

Yes, there were some things that seemed to be changed for no apearant reason, those are harder to understand.

I was worried that they would not actually kill off Cedrick at the end. Usually kids movies do not have kids die...but I was really pleased with the way they handled it...seemed just like the book to me.

If you think about all the things they change...it can really take away from your movie watching experience. I'm the biggest Lord of the Rings fan that I know...and I had a hard time accepting the movies at first...but after a while, I learned to sperate the book from the movie and enjoy them both for what they are.

I say, enjoy the movie for the great show it is...and be thankful for the things that only we (book readers) will understand. It's like an indside joke, just for us.

they will start showing it in a week here.. and I'm definitely going to see it! I read all the books (even though there's no last part in Poland yet :p )

The biggest thing that bugs me is the studio WANTED to make it two films and not cut much out. The director of Azkaban convinced the new director he could squeeze it into one movie!!!!

Most reactions

Back