SB-800 QUICK FLASH QUESTION

JJack

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,
Im pretty new to using external flashes, because im using my Dads SB-800. I want to go shoot some photos right now. Anyways, for some reason the flash isn't flashing. I know it sounds stupid, but someone please help me quick!

flash isn't flashing.
Are the batteries CHarged? - does the little red light goes ON?
Is the flash in manu set to NO FIRE?
Is there flash off via CAMERA control?
Is it placed and lucked in correctly?
There are more stuff I can ask but its a start.

please help me quick!

What, before your dad gets home and finds out you're using it?? :lol:

Seriously... could use a little more info. Is it all the way on the shoe and locked? What settings are you using?

turn your camera on

Alright ive figured out how to get it working. Now all I have a problem with is, its taking small multiple flashes before the main one if that makes sense. Can you please tell me how to get it just the main flash, sorry for my stupidity.

Those are called pre-flashes and are used by the camera to adjust the power output of the speedlight. It means the speedlight is in TTL (Through-The-Lens) mode.

If you want the pre-flashes to stop put the SB-800 in manual mode and adjust the settings, well manually.

The SB-800 is a fairly complicated unit to operate. It also comes with a users manual you may want to look at if it's available. If it's not you can look at one online at Nikon Cameras.

Most reactions

Back