SB-910

DCerezo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok I read in N'Photo magazine that the SB-910 is going to help me grab autofocus in extremely low light. Is this true? This is my first flash gun since I used to use my dads old SB-18 on my N90 back in the film days... I have already ordered the gun cause I need it, but I was just wondering if this is true of the autofocus. If so... SUPER BONUS! I shoot a lot of live music in the darkest dingiest bars on Long island :) anyone that owns this flash gun can confirm?

Most modern flashes have this feature now. Even my SB-600 and 700 do.

Keep in mind that the way it works is to shine a red light on your subject to help give your autofocus sensor something to grab on to...so in some cases, it may not be appreciated...

Hmmmm I never tried that yet maybe I should test it out one day. Even so wouldn't that only or mostly work for the center focal point? If a wide angle lens is use then that red light might not illuminate enough of the area.

-Hunt

Should be easy enough to test, it can lock on to a white, featureless wall with the AF illumination on.

anyone that owns this flash gun can confirm?

You can download the manual and read page E-19. Yes, there are some restrictions which are outlined in the text. Also some little diagrams showing which AF sensors are used with which lens.

You're going to love this flash.

Most reactions

Back