SB600 Speedlight Crash Course Needed!

photobox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am doing photography for an event where I will be working in a semi-large basement with my Nikon d300. I just purchased the SB600 Flash but I am overwhelmed and to make it worse, I can't find my manual.

I basically need a crash course in the basic settings. If I'm taking a group photo from 10 feet away, what settings would I use, etc.
If anyone knows of a good link for this info, I would be very grateful! Thank you.
:heart:

to keep things simple... just bounce it off the basement ceiling... adjust the flash to 60 degree... set the mode to ttl or ttl bl if you want balance between subject and background

the manual is available online ..... google it and read it...

All these "last second photographers"... It's an epidemic! :lol:

:p

I have had an offbrand flash for a long time, but was never happy with it. When I got invited to shoot an event this weekend for a friend I thought it was just the excu.. sorry, reason I needed to get a better flash :mrgreen:

Did not mean to hijack photobox's thread, but in my case I will be shotting with a D70s. Thanks for the link on the bounce card. For some reason ink jet paper never occurred to me.

Another great thread, thank you! Usually I try to catch all the DIY threads but I missed that one.

Most reactions

Back