SB900 triggers my radio recievers, but receivers don't set off flash???

gl600

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's the story:

I was shooting a wedding the other night and tried out a set of Phottix Strato radio transmitter/receivers for the first time. (first time at a wedding, I had used them plenty before in order to test whether or not they were reliable to use on a job.)

I had an SB900 on my camera and the Transmitter connected to the SB900 via a pc cable.

When the flash was off, the system would work fine and the off camera lights would be triggered without fail. Perfect. But when I turned the SB900 on (for some fill flash in certain circumstances) the off camera

Anywhere between 125th to 160th of a second. (Fast paced dancing).

I have had no issues with these triggers so far. The reason why I went with them is because they have a 'fire all" option on the transmitter. The only other company that I know does that is elinchrome and my friend has had horrible experiences with his (therefore I am biased against them). Anyways, they have worked flawlessly.

Shouldn't the transmiter cable be connected to the sinc socket on the camera, a few month ago i only had 1 receiver but i wanted 3 lights, 2 studio and 580ex i had a sinc lead from camera to 580ex and transmiter on hot shoe, reciever on main flash to set off second flash worked great but if i tried a lead from studio flash to 580ex the 580ex would not flash

Most reactions

New Topics

Back