Scale Models

graigdavis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I havnt built anything in almost a year, but for a while I was a building fool. Tons of patients, a steady hand, lots of creativity and its amazing how realisitic these things can turn out. The dragster was a gift, I miss that thing. It would take a hundred pictures to show the detail in all of these, so Ill just post what you can see from a glance. I have a car that I have yet to photograph. Ill do a better job photographing it too...

39004243.jpg

39003875.jpg

39000476.jpg

38999997.jpg

38999443.jpg

38999965.jpg

38999904.jpg

38997518.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock:

You might want to check out IDSA

Oh yea, the sport bikes have won first place in several competitions. The R1 was the first model I ever built and its won First place in everything I have entered it in...crazy.

Thanks Danalec, Ill check that out.

That is amazing detail. Wow! I don't think I'd have the patience for this. Mad props to you, this is good work!

You should have a coffee cup, or something smaller nearby, to help show scale. :)

For reference, the bikes from the lowest to the tallest points are a little over 3" tall.

The engine on the dragster is maybe 1 1/2" long x 1 1/4 tall. The whole dragster is about 10" long.

F1 car is 2 1/2 tall x 6" long.

Wow, great work. I would have thought the bikes were a lot bigger than that. So is that a 1/12 scale?

I have 2 more sitting at home waiting to be built. Im excited to do them. But I usualy only build in the winter, when Im stuck inside.

Telefonica Movistar Honda RC211V '03
header_1.jpg

header.jpg

Graig,

those are grait! (pardon the misspelling - i've always wanted to do that :p)

seriously, when i was younger i used to build ww2 aircraft, but i could never seem to seal off the hulls properly with the glue showing or the seam. Damn they were hard to build, but i love the process. I really appreciate these because I know the effort putting them together!

I don't have time to build them myself so I collect diecast cars, got plenty of them, and still deciding if I should buy these 2 that I have been eying for a long time. It's one of those guilt thing that is stopping me now.....

BTW, my sister bought me a Tamiya Ferrari F2001 kit that is transparent. I doubt I will ever open it.

Most reactions

Back