Scanning 35mm negative with Lumix LX3

espresso2x

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Camera 'macro' mode focuses down to 1cm. Improvised carrier from slide copying accessory, the tube is a couple mm wider diameter than the telescoping lens of the LX3. Samsung 7" tablet with white.gif background image. Test printed on 100gsm plan paper.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Go dog, go! Full marks for the "hack-a-saurus" effort. I use a Nikon D7200 to scan 120 b&w negs with an old copy stand and light box. No complaints. Funny how all these homebrew efforts can lead us back to enjoying what's special about film again.

Thanks a lot. My aim is 6x9 negs using a full frame digital, i think i need a good macro lens and extension tube, and a larger piece if whatever the opaque plastic is that comes with the slide copier.

All of those things sound good! However, I think 24-MP APS-C digital would work as well, or perhaps even better than many full-frame cameras. But the good macro lens and extension tube make sense.

The neglected little Micro Nikkor 40/2.8g does a nice job on crop sensor Nikons.

With Fuji, you have the option of using almost anything via adapters. AF for what amounts to copy work isn't really an advantage. Something like an old manual focus Micro Nikkor 55/3.5 would do the job. Nothing in the Fujinon macro line that short.

With Fuji, you have the option of using almost anything via adapters. AF for what amounts to copy work isn't really an advantage. Something like an old manual focus Micro Nikkor 55/3.5 would do the job. Nothing in the Fujinon macro line that short.
very interesting. i have several lenses and i am familiar with image reversing film, BUT is there some simple digit proceedure to invert 35 mm negatives? vin

Photoshop:
Image > Adjustments > Invert

The results achieved by use of this type of equipment and method and process are well-documented in several articles published by multiple websites in the 2011-1015 era ...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back