Scanning 35mm negative with Lumix LX3

Discussion in 'Alternative Techniques & Photo Gallery' started by espresso2x, Mar 1, 2018.

1. espresso2x

espresso2x No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Camera 'macro' mode focuses down to 1cm. Improvised carrier from slide copying accessory, the tube is a couple mm wider diameter than the telescoping lens of the LX3. Samsung 7" tablet with white.gif background image. Test printed on 100gsm plan paper.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. cgw

cgw No longer a newbie, moving up!

Go dog, go! Full marks for the "hack-a-saurus" effort. I use a Nikon D7200 to scan 120 b&w negs with an old copy stand and light box. No complaints. Funny how all these homebrew efforts can lead us back to enjoying what's special about film again.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    All of those things sound good! However, I think 24-MP APS-C digital would work as well, or perhaps even better than many full-frame cameras. But the good macro lens and extension tube make sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. cgw

The neglected little Micro Nikkor 40/2.8g does a nice job on crop sensor Nikons.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cgw

With Fuji, you have the option of using almost anything via adapters. AF for what amounts to copy work isn't really an advantage. Something like an old manual focus Micro Nikkor 55/3.5 would do the job. Nothing in the Fujinon macro line that short.