Scarborough and Whitby - A daytrip

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Curiously Scarborough and Whitby are also located, side by side on the east side of Toronto, ON.
Grant Hotel I like, maybe that kid in the left corner should be cropped out as I feel it is a distraction in this grand view.
Ice cream truck I would consider a lost opportunity; too simple, it's just like a snapshot, this sea wall behind is not sexy, the light fall off looks unnatural, maybe if you make a look like old, old sepia print. In times of color film cameras just didn't have such problems. :)

Last edited:
Curiously Scarborough and Whitby are also located, side by side on the east side of Toronto, ON.
Grant Hotel I like, maybe that kid in the left corner should be cropped out as I feel it is a distraction in this grant view.
Ice cream truck I would consider a lost opportunity; too simple, it's just like a snapshot, this sea wall behind is not sexy, the light fall off looks unnatural, maybe if you make a look like old, old sepia print. In times of color film cameras just didn't have such problems. :)

Many places named after their original places in the UK. :)

I already thought of that kid...true, he is a distraction. I'm gonna move him. :)

For the Land Rover I had a problem with a LOT of people all around...it took some nifty footwork, and a little PP to get a cleaner shot. I couldn't get any other position on it, and true, it was almost a snapshot - I was being hurried along by the kids wanting their Fish n Chips!

Cheers

5026142702_5e96deeeca_b.jpg

Same shot, from the end of the breakwater. . .

My ladyfriend still wears the piece of Whitby Jet almost daily. My fam on me pops side is in Sheffield. Whitby/Scarborough is an AWESOME day trip.

5026142702_5e96deeeca_b.jpg

Same shot, from the end of the breakwater. . .

My ladyfriend still wears the piece of Whitby Jet almost daily. My fam on me pops side is in Sheffield. Whitby/Scarborough is an AWESOME day trip.

Nice shot. :)

I am a Sheffield Lad myself (well, sort of a Sheffield/Rotherham lad, really). My dad is still in sheffield.

Cheers

I like the Grand Hotel shot, i was up in Whitby shooting Goths, here's a shot i spotted coming off the beach near your Landy shot

Shot on Agfa Precisa

scan587-XL.jpg

I like the Grand Hotel shot, i was up in Whitby shooting Goths, here's a shot i spotted coming off the beach near your Landy shot

Shot on Agfa Precisa

scan587-XL.jpg

Nicely done. We were looking at that building - it's a small shop isn't it? Problem this weekend was the big scissor-lift of some window fitters who were working on that building behind. Oh, and a bout 500 people per square metre didn't help. But definitely want to try that building again...:)

Most reactions

Back