Scarborough Faire

ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My first few from the Scarborough Faire and Renaissance Festival held in Waxahachie, TX. There were sssssoooooo many photo ops here--I shot nearly 300 frames over two days. I've heavily processed a lot of these, using a lomo effecto on some, and a soft focus on others in an attempt to capture some of the fantasy feel this place affords, and as an attempt to soften the harsh Texas sun.

61035021.jpg

61035022.jpg

61035023.jpg

61035025.jpg

61035026.jpg

61035028.jpg

61035030.jpg

61035031.jpg

ha when i was looking at these i was like man i gotta remember that number so i can say that i liked it. but then i got to the next one and i was like ooh i like that one too, and then the next one and the next one haha. what i'm trying to say is all of these are great, good work!

JEazy--I find myself doing the same thing with other peoples posts, LOL, thanks!

RoRoCo--thanks, #3 is totally candid. I got off one frame before this before she noticed me. Here you see her turn just a bit shy--she's a beautiful girl.

Texas?

When I first looked at them I expected they were from overseas.

Good shots. Interesting subjects.

I :heart: the soft "Dreamy" quality of #6, Fantastic shots!! They're all spectacular. :hail:

It's like something out of a Midsummer Nights Dream! I love it. What's the fayre all about?

ShutteredEye said:
RoRoCo--thanks, #3 is totally candid. I got off one frame before this before she noticed me. Here you see her turn just a bit shy--she's a beautiful girl.

Funny...the beautiful ones are always shy... Great shot

mad_malteaser said:
It's like something out of a Midsummer Nights Dream! I love it. What's the fayre all about?

It's just a big party really. There is all kinds of performances, demonstrations (like glass blowing, etc,) jousting, etc. Everything medieval.

Really great series. You captures the essence of the day well :D

Very nice captures the overall dreamy feeling of the Faire. My then fiance and I went to the Renaissance Festival in Plantersville, TX every year. We'd camp out on the grounds and stay the entire weekend... we'd listen to the bag pipes well into the night. What great memories.... To this day, we still try to make it to the one up here in New Jersey.

As with everyone else, #3 is really nice. My favorite is #1. Love the color and expression

Most reactions

Back