Scariest movie?(SPOOKY HALLOWEENIE QUESTION)

mygrain

Friend to nose goblins everywhere
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For me it is the original B&W "The Haunting". It uses your senses to scare the pooh out of you and very little special affects. WHat about you guys?

I love scary movies. Unfortunately, they scare the bejeezus out of me and I'm like a little kid and every light in the house has to be on and I lay awake in bed thinking 'what was that', 'who's there' and some such nonsense.

For me, I think the ones that scare me most are ones like "The Exorcist" :evil: or any of the "true story" haunting stories on TLC(?). There was a show like that on last year on Halloween about this family that moved into this house to be closer to their son's hospital because he had cancer. The house used to be a funeral home and all kinds of weird and freaky stuff started happening. Gee, if I had to continually mop up blood that appeared on the floor and walls of my house, I think I'd MOVE :!: But, no, instead they stay and when the kid goes down to the basement to get the dinner meat out of the freezer (the freezer that once used to house bodies)...Well, I'll leave that to you.

Those kinds of stories, that have, or could have some truth to them, freak me out the most. I just cant help myself from watching and I end up clinging to my husband for the next week or so.

*wonders what kind of spooky shows are on tonight* :)

elrick said:
"Twin Peaks"...if you think what it's really about...

Yep...it is a freak show. BUt what Lynch isn't. Even "A straight Story" was so far from his norm that it scared the h...e...double hockey sticks out of me.

Has anybody seen "Begotten" by E. Elias Merhige (he also directed Shadow of the Vampire). It's one of the most visually disturbing films I have ever seen. And it's not so much as gory as it is creepy. If yer a cult movie fan this is a must see.

When I was a kid Nightmare on Elmstreet (Freddy) was the most scariest movie ever. :p

These days it's probably The Ring. But only because I watched it alone around 4 am. :mrgreen:

Niki said:
When I was a kid Nightmare on Elmstreet (Freddy) was the most scariest movie ever. :p

These days it's probably The Ring. But only because I watched it alone around 4 am. :mrgreen:

the original Japanese version or the extra crispy American version? The japanese is my fav of the lot although the us version was pretty good too.

American :oops:

My bro saw the original too and didn't like it much so I figured I won't even try to watch it. :p

Yeah, the Japanese has more moodiness than shock in thier version. It's a sublime horror and less surface, visual imagery. It's very atmospheric.

wow a thread that im capable of contributing to!!

28 days later
dawn of the dead
The Ring

three of the scariest in my opinion

md

Niki said:
When I was a kid Nightmare on Elmstreet (Freddy) was the most scariest movie ever.
Wow...flashback :shock: I watched that on HBO all by myself when I was a kid. I remember how scared I was better than I remember the movie itself now.......

I heard that Sam Raimi was thinking of making "Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash". ASH would kick sooooooooo much booty in that ring. :D

malachite said:
Niki said:
When I was a kid Nightmare on Elmstreet (Freddy) was the most scariest movie ever.
Wow...flashback :shock: I watched that on HBO all by myself when I was a kid. I remember how scared I was better than I remember the movie itself now.......

Ya me2, and good luck to sleep afterwards. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back