Scariest movie?(SPOOKY HALLOWEENIE QUESTION)

mygrain said:
I heard that Sam Raimi was thinking of making "Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash". ASH would kick sooooooooo much booty in that ring. :D

Who is Ash? :oops:

You guys seen Freddy vs Jason?
I thought it was hilarious. :oops:

very underrated scary movie:

"The Devils Backbone"
most folks prolly won't see it cause its in spanish subtitles, but you don't know to know spanish to get freaked out by the drowned boy peeking thru the closet keyhole :shock:

mygrain said:
Yep...it is a freak show. BUt what Lynch isn't. Even "A straight Story" was so far from his norm that it scared the h...e...double hockey sticks out of me.
didn't see this...that's it about?

=scary=
The Exorcist
Alien I and II
The Omen
The Thing

=disturbing=
Seven
The Experiment (German)
Texas Chain Massacre
Silence of the Lambs

=annoying=
The Blair Whitch Project

The original Japanese version of the ring was good for me. Also for some reason battle royale freaks me out... I think it's the whole principle combined with the gore...

When I was young, ET scared the crap out of me.

Not the "Uh oh! There's someone in my closet" scariness, but more of a "Wow, this is really creepy seeing an alien hanging out with kids."

Something about it just got to me...

elrick said:
mygrain said:
Yep...it is a freak show. BUt what Lynch isn't. Even "A straight Story" was so far from his norm that it scared the h...e...double hockey sticks out of me.
didn't see this...that's it about?

It's Lynch's disney movie about an old guy who needs to go visit his sick brother some 400 miles away. before he leaves he discovers that his vision is too bad to drive anymore and can't get a lincense to do so ...so he hops on his riding lawn mower and drives the distance. It's great and a very happy movie. It's worth checking out just to see lynch in his abnormal normality.

vonnagy said:
very underrated scary movie:

"The Devils Backbone"
most folks prolly won't see it cause its in spanish subtitles, but you don't know to know spanish to get freaked out by the drowned boy peeking thru the closet keyhole :shock:

Th devil's backbone was really great. Very moody too. ummm...possibly de Toro's best... outside of Chronos.

Most reactions

Back