Schneider-Kreuznach Retina Filter Question

dinodan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently acquired a Schneider-Kreuznach Retina-Tele-Arton f:4/85mm to use with my Bessamatic. I successfully performed the small machining job required to get the lens to fit the Voigtlander, and the results are superb! Really impressive glass, and surely the most compact 85 ever made.

However, while the Voigtlander lenses all have a 40.5mm screw-in filter mount, the S-K lens has a bayonet-type filter mount. Does anyone have any idea how or where I might find filters to fit this lens? I'm looking for a UV and either (or both) yellow and orange. I've tried Ebay (which is where I found the lens), but have not seen anything in the way of filters, and don't really know what to look for in terms of dimensions, etc..

Any help will be appreciated.

I have that exact size ring on my 6x9 80mm Rodenstock. What you need to do is buy step-up rings that will go from 40.5mm to a wider filter size. You may have to use multiple ones. IMPORTANT: You need to step-up as quickly as possible to a usable width in order to avoid vignetting.

Edit: I just saw that I misread your post and responded to the wrong thing. I think it should generally apply though...i.e. don't look for filters, look for a step-up/conversion ring.

Is this your lens?

85retinaetui2.jpg

The Tele Arton will take the B36 filters (B=bayonet). It might take also the 29.5mm for the inner thread. But best bet, if you can't find a B36 filter, use a 29.5 to Series V adapter so you can clear the front element of the lens.

I have that exact size ring on my 6x9 80mm Rodenstock. What you need to do is buy step-up rings that will go from 40.5mm to a wider filter size. You may have to use multiple ones. IMPORTANT: You need to step-up as quickly as possible to a usable width in order to avoid vignetting.

Edit: I just saw that I misread your post and responded to the wrong thing. I think it should generally apply though...i.e. don't look for filters, look for a step-up/conversion ring.

Thank you, Max.

29.5 - 52mm step-up ring (made by Kodak of W. Germany, so presumably designed for this application) and B36 yellow filter found and purchased on Ebay.

Thanks again for the help. What a terrific resource this forum is!

29.5 - 52mm step-up ring (made by Kodak of W. Germany, so presumably designed for this application) and B36 yellow filter found and purchased on Ebay.

Thanks again for the help. What a terrific resource this forum is!

We aim to please. :D

Glad you found what you needed. Let us know if you have other needs and/or questions. Enjoy your Tele-Arton.

Oh my! Very nice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back