Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...I would like to know all about your favorite teacher you had while in school!

Mine was my art teacher in high school...I took art every year and did well even in the advanced art classes. Her name is Mrs. Anderson, and she was an inspiration to me! She was always very encouraging, and had a way of bringing out my creativity. She was the 'cool' teacher, but at the same time, she made sure there was enough dicipline in her classes. All the kids in school that were the 'slackers' or 'outcasts' could connect with her...she went to the original Woodstock, she had long blond hair even though she was in her 50's, and she'd wear rainbow colored nylons under her shorts in the summer! :lol:

I was just sitting here thinking of her, and thinking of how much I wish I still had someone like her in my life, always finding ways to bring out the best in my creativity. :)

Teachers can have a huge affect on people, so I thought it would be nice to hear others' stories. :)

Ben Khon. He was my music teacher for Music 110 - World Music. He's my favorite because he's a great guy, fun to hang out with, got interesting taste in music, and was SO EASY! I never came to class, I missed a test and a bit of homework, and he gave me a B+ :lol: after the quarter was over, he came up to me and was like "So, did ya like your grade?" I said "YESSSS! :hail: " lol

Funny you should ask this question and somewhat depressing.

Mr. Paterson. Patty for short. Why funny? If it wasn't for Patty I would not have ever learnt how to use a camera. He was the teacher for our "Communications" department. Anything media was done in his class. I spent most of my time in the darkroom. I learnt everything I know about photography in this class. Two years later I bought my own camera, and from the lessons learned got myself where I am today. It really gets my heart when I think about him, because for the short period of time he was in my life, he's possibly made one of the biggest changes.

Unfortunatly Mr. Harold Paterson passed away the year after my graduation. Such an amazing guy. Helped me through a bunch of family bullsh!t by just being a friend. Something I couldn't call any other teacher in any school.

R.I.P. Harry!!

bace said:
Funny you should ask this question and somewhat depressing.

Mr. Paterson. Patty for short. Why funny? If it wasn't for Patty I would not have ever learnt how to use a camera. He was the teacher for our "Communications" department. Anything media was done in his class. I spent most of my time in the darkroom. I learnt everything I know about photography in this class. Two years later I bought my own camera, and from the lessons learned got myself where I am today. It really gets my heart when I think about him, because for the short period of time he was in my life, he's possibly made one of the biggest changes.

Unfortunatly Mr. Harold Paterson passed away the year after my graduation. Such an amazing guy. Helped me through a bunch of family bullsh!t by just being a friend. Something I couldn't call any other teacher in any school.

R.I.P. Harry!!

Awww! Great story!

I would have to say John Prusack. He was my Media Productions instructor in high school. Taught me alot about photography and more about cinematography. Cool guy. He was also one of the camera men for Micheal Moore in the movie Roger & Me.

Well in my last couple of years at school I guess I was pretty close to a couple of my teachers, one moreso than the other. Firstly I found myself being the only person to take A Level Spanish, and came to have quiet a good relationship with my teacher, who in earlier years at school I had had many disagreements with. She would sort of yell at me a bit because I was stubborn and hormonal at 17 lol, but only for my own good... and we got on all the better for it. I'll always remember her quoting me as "the most sarcastic person I've ever met"... I can live with that :p

My Design & Technology teacher was the best however, he was like your Art teacher Corry, the one most kids liked and the rebel kids got on with... he gave them a chance and helped them. I always liked that about him... didn't just side with the other teachers who instantly picked on certain kids because of what other teachers had told them. He must have taught me for about 5 years in total throughout school and my technology classes where without fail my favourite. I had a lot of time to waste after school before I could get a lift home and he let me wait in his department where his own kids would be waiting too. We always had a lot of fun and I'm so fond of those days. When I got my A-Level results I was able to go visit him and celebrate! I left school 3/4 years ago now, and I've called in to see him a few times, he still lets me come in and use the school machinery for my modelmaking activities in uni, as well as giving me free materials. I always feel welcome there... its nice to have a bond with someone like that, especially in school, which can be such a horrible place for some kids.

in grade school there was a Mrs. Hannum, she taught the "gifted" program for mathematics and english, i had her as a teacher for 4 years... her class was very challenging, but she always found a way to make education entertaining... i actually just went to her retirement party last year.

i had several awesome teachers in high school... Mr. LaRue, my physics teacher, found a way to work physics into a water-ballon fight during class with those launchers, froze random stuff with liquid nitrogen and threw it against the wall, and he helped us form a human chain of electricity by using one of those static electricity generators and holding hands out into the halls where he proceeded to shock people as they walked by, the charge would seriously arc out about an inch and zap people... LOL.

i don't really have a favorite from the university, most of my professors were too involved in their own research or had tenure and just didn't care...

hahah actually there's a funny story... coz a guy which whom I'll have lectures in a near future is... my good friend from local photogs society and he's doing P.h. degree now... so you know... that'll be weird to have lessons with him :)

I don't have my fav teacher from high school... i wasn't very close to them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back