School Teacher

dirty1thirdee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These were shot of my friend's mom, who teaches 2nd grade. I took these for an environmental portrait assignment for school.

robinwozniak1wk5.jpg

robinwozniak2so5.jpg

1/500 f/6.3 ISO 200. SB-28 camera right into 45" umbrella, 1/2 power. SB-28 camera left with gobo, 1/4 power. Triggered with Pocket Wizards, same setup for both shots. Taken with 18-70 on a D70s.

These are very nice portraits but a little stiff looking. I would offer this comment that the harsh lighting on camera left really blows out the right side of her face. I might have turned down the lighting or/and pointed it toward the side wall. A high powered strobe should bounce all over the classroom.

David

You can do wonders with the colors in the first one, do you have any other shots from this shoot? I'm not fond of the composition and the pose, but that's just me. The backside of the chair also bugs me.

I would go in closer, but that obvious, I like shooting kind of wide. Also maybe a horizontal instead of vertical shot.

The kicker in both is too light and distracting for my tastes. You've used a lot of dramatic shadows especially in the first one. It's a bit to harsh and dramatic for me when applied to someone as gentle as a 2nd grade teacher.

Also I don't like how centred the second one is. But overall they are very good.

Most reactions

Back