Schooling?

JaimeGibb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all! Im new to this site, found it while surfing the web. It's GREAT. So many great people and great posts. Im already hooked!

Anyway, I am just starting out in photography. Its my passion and I aim to make it my career. Did anyone here go to school for photogrphy? Are you a freelancer or are you working for a company? I dont even know if there are jobs you can get right out of school that deal with photography...does anyone know?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want as much advice as possible at this point! Thanks so much ;)

No ideas on schools. But I learnt EVERYTHING I know by asking people. Myself, friends, relatives, online, and I started taking better photos by showing people my stuff and asking on how I could have improved it (the critque section is great for that).

School may help you with photography but its mostly based on your portfolio. I have been looking into going to school for photography (visual arts then branching into photography) and most schools teach portfolio making in detail in there photography corses. With photography relited jobs there a nice few out there and just start trying at a small local paper or with the school paper if your in high school. You can also open your own buisness. If you take photography its wise to take a minor in buisness as well. Also look for local courses and stuff.

Yea, Im 22, not high school...still just truckin along trying to figure out my life... :)

hello all, Me too is a novice photographer. I've never attended any school, but i learn things mostly from online tutorials and people advice. Photo forum is a great place to learn to my mind. Actually it is my first post here and I hope i'll find here some help. I want to learn more about photography.

Most reactions

Back