Schools of photography.

InTheViewFinder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What kind of schools are there for photography?

I've done some research and I found schools, called School of Photography located in different states.

I'm just wondering if anybody goes to a school of photography that can tell me, how to even get into a school of photography and what's it like.

If anyone as anything to say about Photography schools please let me know.

Thank you.

The new york institute of photography, but never signed up.

I went to a technical college and took courses in photography.

I studied photography for 4 years at S.V.A in NYC. Photography has been my life ever since. Highly, highly recommend it or any other BFA program.

There are many different programs where ever you go. Weekends or workshops to MFA. You really need to look inside and figure out what you want from photography as opposed to asking us.

)'(

I would think a lot of state universities would have a BFA program that specializes in photography - I'm in one at LSU

also, i would love to go to Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbabra, CA...its EXPENSIVE! - i got in but didn't go through with it - maybe for grad school

I would think a lot of state universities would have a BFA program that specializes in photography - I'm in one at LSU

also, i would love to go to Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbabra, CA...its EXPENSIVE! - i got in but didn't go through with it - maybe for grad school

I graduated from Brooks back in December. I was in their motion picture program but took a number of photography classes from some really great professors. The best part about the school is the ridiculous amount of equipment that is available to the students and the amazing facilities where you can shoot.
On the flip side, tuition alone was well over $90,000 for the three years and Brooks has been facing legal issues due to their shady enrollment procedures.

The talent coming out of that school is just incredible!

On the opposite side of a school like Brooks is a school like the one I went to. The Art Institute Of Pittsburgh they are a decent school it has changed quite alot since I went there I guess to give them more abilities to transfer credits but anyway. The focus at AIP was commercial and working if you are interested in artistic photography don't go there. AIP was a good place to go to get familiar with alot of concepts and gear that I would never have been exposed to otherwise. The only problem with a school like that I guess it is true with any school it is really what you make of it. If you want to screw around noone will tell you otherwise.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back