SCHOOOOOOOL

itsarvin2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been saving to go to schoool for graphic design or photography.
Which ones is better?
and
whats the best schoool to go?

Question is sort of bland.

Which one is better for what?

major in one and minor in the other. problem solved BOOM!

There's probably more work down the road in graphic design (and probably more so for the web as print media markets shrink). As for photography, as cameras become more and more idiot proof (and more and more people are taking their own pictures with good results) photographer jobs will be harder to find (unless you are outrageously brilliant). Are you another Annie Lebowitz? I doubt she has trouble finding work.

The ultimte question, however, is what are your goals?

Talk to some working graphic designers and find out their take is on the future. Find some working professional photographers (full-timers) and get their take on the future of their industry.

awsomeee BKMOOD
thanx for the advice

@iastonish your right
i mean like better career kind of stuff like that

There's probably more work down the road in graphic design (and probably more so for the web as print media markets shrink). As for photography, as cameras become more and more idiot proof (and more and more people are taking their own pictures with good results) photographer jobs will be harder to find (unless you are outrageously brilliant). Are you another Annie Lebowitz? I doubt she has trouble finding work.

I could not DISAGREE with this more. Cameras are indeed getting more idiot proof, but all that basically means is that the photo will be exposed properly and white balanced. Those are foundational skills that anyone could learn to set manually. But the questions are, what do you put in front of the camera? How much consideration do you give the image? Art direction? Do you need to collaborate with a team of stylists and artists for the image? How do the colors work? What are the theme(s) of the image? How is the composition? How does the image work graphically? What is the intent? Etc. etc. etc....

Does buying Microsoft Word bring anyone closer to being a published author. Um, no. Does buying a fortune of the shiniest and most high tech power tools enable an amateur to craft a Victorian amoire? No. If I buy you a formula one car will you be a proficient race car driver. No. Does an expensive camera enable a novice to pass the threshold into professionalism. No.

But definitely the lower end of the market might take their own images, but they were not going to pay you much anyways. The commercial market is not going anywhere, because they are paying for the photographer's creativity and eye and not the competency of the camera's auto settings.

-------------------

But back to your question. Do what you enjoy most; you're lucky that there is great financial potential in two of your interests. If you are good at what you do and are able socially competent, you'll be fine.

@kkamin
indeed indeed
follow your passion

Most reactions

New Topics

Back