Screaming Tunnel

bean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
This old rail tunnel is the site where a young woman hung herself and apparently she haunts it to this date (hence the name "Screaming Tunnel"). I've been told that the house just across the way is haunted as well.

DSCF0001a.jpg

DSCF0003_copy.jpg

Hey, bean - #1 is really nice! I prefer the wider view than the second, closer-in angle. I like how it captures more information on the other side of the tunnel as opposed to the blown-out version of the second image. It's a really good, snowy, cold image. Good work!

How does one hand themself from a tunnel? :p Seems like every little town has something like this, we do!

Anywho...like the picture, definately some keepers! Nice contrast.

-Brett :)

I think they are both a compositional success...is that a word?

I LOVE BLACK AND WHITE!!

great shots!

md

Nice shots! I prefer the first one. Its amazing how a story can change the feel of a picture all together. Very cool. Where is this "screaming tunnel"??

AirVenture said:
How does one hand themself from a tunnel?
lol don't ask me, I showed this picture to a friend and she told me that story

crystalview said:
Where is this "screaming tunnel"??
It's located about 10-15 minutes west of Niagara Falls, like 200 feet off a major highway. And actually a railway runs above the tunnel.

MDowdey said:
I think they are both a compositional success...is that a word?
A word or not, I'll take that compliment! :D

I like both shots for different reasons: for the first one, I'm like terri. I like how we can see what's on the other side of the tunnel, for that matter I also like being able to see more of what's on this side - the graffiti. For the second one, I like the tunnel itself - the construction of it - the stone work ... very nice.

I like them both but the second one is the one that grabs me. I think it is very much opinion on these two. They are both good. I just personally don't like how everything seems to be in the center of the picture on the first one. But that is totally my taste and well.. you can't please everyone...

Most reactions

Back