screwdriver...the drink

NikonChick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
be harsh.... Im a newby, but I can take it.... Its the only true growth.
Screwdriver.jpg

if it were any more overexposed we wouldn't be able to see it :confused:

i love the composition and your idea :thumbup:

I agree with JonMikal, nice composition and idea. I like the blown-out look, but I think it is a bit overdone. Maybe 1/2 a stop or so less exposure

I personally don't like the angle, and yes its a bit over exposed, the ice cubes at the top look weird, all in all I would not drink that. I like the texture of the umbrella and the way it gives it a unique touch to the drink

Got it... the over exposure was deliberate but perhaps is a bit over the top and I agree about the ice. Ive got these really great acrylic ice chips that Im stil trying to master. Im pretty hit and miss with them. If anyone has any experience with them Id love some advice on making ice that doesnt float love authentic.

I'd give it one of these:

Screwdriver+1.jpg

If you wanted to restore the background to pure white, you could, but I wanted more color in the drink and such.

I like the angle. I've noticed a lot of people post criticisms of unique or different angles here a lot. The exposure thing is off but a good first try.

I personally Love the angle. I think it's great and I know that that drink will knock me over too! (must be the oldies who can't handle the drink who were dissing your angle, nah Just Joking.)
But I'd have to agree it's overexposed, and I reckon this would look great with rich colours.

I actually liked the original. I figured the overexposure was deliberate, and I thought it worked quite well. It looked like an advertisement, dreamy and unreal, against all that white. The angle of the glass enhanced that effect.

If that's what you were after, I'd say you succeeded. :)

terri said:
I actually liked the original. I figured the overexposure was deliberate, and I thought it worked quite well. It looked like an advertisement, dreamy and unreal, against all that white. The angle of the glass enhanced that effect.

If that's what you were after, I'd say you succeeded. :)

Thanks. That was it exactly.

mcblum said:
I'd give it one of these:

Screwdriver+1.jpg

If you wanted to restore the background to pure white, you could, but I wanted more color in the drink and such.

wow, you and I see things very differently. Thats really contrasty and you killed my colour gel. (the background was slightly pink not pure white, as were the edges of the glass)... but to each their own. Maybe a different subject matter shall bring us closer together... I typically lean on the high contrast end too. I guess well see!

Most reactions

Back