Screwed a few wedding Pics, would you...

hawee99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I screwed a few pics when I agreed to do my bosses wedding. Shouldnt have done it in the first place. Making a long story short, he was extremely pushy and impatient in the short session before the ceremony. Now we had a planned out time frame for photos. So I figured I could calm him down and get better ones in the hour we allowed after the ceremony. Well they decided on the spot to change that hour to 25 minutes. That was not enough time for me. Especially in an out door relaly hot setting. So I didnt get a chance to re-do the ones we did before the ceremony. Needless to say, some important shots are kinda jacked. When I send him the CD or the email slideshow, do I mention the screwups and try to explain what happened, or just fix whatever I can, send them, and see if he says anything.

I feel kinda bad, but he was acting ridiculous. I suppose its my job to fix that though.....

Not your fault he cut the time short. You should post a shot, even if you cut the faces out of the picture, so we can see how much you'd need to fix them. I'm not gonna try to convince you to do 5 hours of photoshop because he cut the time short.

How much were you paid?

(Although, I guess this is a good lesson learned re: not doing weddings. It really is equivalent to playing a tee-ball game, then hitting for the Dodgers. Or doing a Christmas pageant and then going for a debut on Broadway. Either way, this is one newbie wedding snafu that was NOT your fault.)

Another thing to consider is how important this guy could be in your future life. Are we talking about a career here? At what level is your boss? Assis. Manager? Manager? CEO?

Indeed, not your fault at all. Just send the good ones and say nothing - unless you're also REALLY good personal friends with him and then base the decision on the relationship.

If he externalizes his misgivings over any perceived quality or quantity issues just shrug and point to the altered scheduling.

I agree...do the best with what you have and don't draw attention to the faults or missed shots. If he does question you about them afterward, then you can bring up the shorted time.

I hope you had a signed contract in place....hopefully with a clause that says that you are not at fault for missing shots etc, especially when you time is cut short.

Mention it if he brings it up, otherwise leave it as is.

I did a small wedding once and some of the pictures did not turn out well to me however the family loved them. Sometimes people don't look at the pictures the same way we do so they may not even notice however if they do just explain the situation..

Most reactions

Back