No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshjonesphoto.com
Let me know what you think!

dsc00138vh.jpg

dsc00069zm.jpg

dsc00351sq.jpg

uhhh... they're in focus... and the exposure seems fine.

I'm always confused about how to comment on photos of... well, I supose, someone else's work. I think what's tough for me is that you've placed them in the portrait section. From a different standpoint, say... commercial/advertising, I say these were all successful photos, especially the first image. All white "products" can be a challenge and you handled it well.

I want to rotate the second one to make the lines of the window frame plumb. And on the third, I see no reason to keep the pole in the image. A simple task to clone it out, or just crop.

I hope this is helpful.

Pete

I always love photos where the subject is something inanimate, yet the photographer has given it life.

The shadow on the woman and how she's looking down/away from the camera gives the second photo a sad, very melancholy feeling. The first is my favorite. I really like the lighting- it's great that his eyes stand out a lot even though it's all the same color. I think the concept of the skeleton is great, although I don't really care for that particular photo. I think you should use a different backround, and possibly consider losing the pole, (although with a backround change it might work nicely).

Just wondering- did you use a light meter for the first shot?

Most reactions

Back