Sea gulls in flight

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey, I have photos of seagulls in flight. They might not be as good as Alex_B's pics, but ...

145ifwehadwings.jpg

146toflywemight.jpg

Andy's (lostprophet's) mentioning sea gulls at St. Ives made me remember that just off St. Ives I did see some from the cliff path that we walked when I was in Cornwall in August! Ta-daaaaa!

those two are nice!

and you managed without chips!

also i cannot see the motion blur you were afraid of ;)

No, that friendly gull was floating in the wind. Did not move its wings. Just took advantage of thermal winds here. And it was all uninterested in me standing there on the top of the cliffs trying to pan with its soaring past. But now I can die, can't I? All in peace?

But I still don't want to.........!

LaFoto said:
But now I can die, can't I? All in peace?

But I still don't want to.........!

LOL, I was pretty damn close to going for that pun in my last post ;) But then I thought it was not nice.... and now you do it yourself! :lmao:

I like the fact the gulls are off center and the backgrounds are wonderful.

Its like you have a COKIN seagull filter :lol:

Cool having the two different backgrounds using the same comp. Good exposures on the gulls, really like how the gull contrasts on the last picture with the mountain's textured background

The water below makes the shots. These are very good. Seagulls are my favorite bird as well...
Cosmonaut

I agree, it is neat that the composition in these shots are almost identical with such different backgrounds.

and what i really like about them ... after looking at them again , is that you can so clearly see the upper side of their wings...

wow these are great, something about birds in flight that is so graceful. What type of lens did you use for this?

I am pretty sure it was the Sigma 70-300mm lens that is listed in my profile, but I don't remember how far it was extended... full length? I would need to check the photo data again for this...

Very nice. I like when someone's photo reminds me of shots I forgot about.

Alex_B said:
and you managed without chips!

How did seagulls deep fry thier food before man came along?

Most reactions

Back