Sea Shells on the Sea Shore

Rhubarb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken on a crocodile infested beach in far north Queensland, Australia. Your critique and opinions are very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Rhu

PICT1215as-usm.jpg

oooh..i like it. Only suggestion would be to have cleared the shells in the forground so it is only sand leading to subject. The more I look the more those shells in the foreground bother me.

I really like the dept of field...maybe a tad more would be nice...but that is just matter of opinion. I like it. :) (was that helpful or too wishy washy??) :razz:

I agree about the shells in the foreground. Mainly the one that overaps onto the main shell in the picture. I do really enjoy your DOF in this picture and like the composition in this one. Good work!

Thanks for your comments. I had cropped the orinigal (as below) but I wasn't sure if I liked more than the orinigal, so I just stuck with it.

I kind of like the out of focus shell overlapping the infocus 'subject' because it adds an extra dimension to the photograph. It is always interesting to hear other's perspectives.

Let me know what you think of the cropped version which cleans up some of the foreground.

PICT1215as-usmb.jpg

I like the cropped version better..but ultimately, it is all about what you like! in the cropped version, the sand in the forground that is out of focus is more noticable and distracting IMO. The shell in the forground is less distracting now and I actually don't mind it in the cropped version. well done.

Most reactions

Back