Website
tinyurl.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Scans of color slides
shell-1.jpg

shell-3.jpg

2 might have made a good bw abstract. lol
Not often you see still life in film anymore. They are appearing a little flat to me, and how did you get the background so black digital post process after? Some nice lines and shapes... Not so sure it makes for a still life composition, but neat anyway.

Not often you see still life in film anymore. They are appearing a little flat to me, and how did you get the background so black digital post process after? Some nice lines and shapes... Not so sure it makes for a still life composition, but neat anyway.

the background (and I am telling you the honest truth) is an old British Woolly-Bully sweater draped over the arm of a sofa. the lighting is an incandescent lamp above and behind, and an on camera Sun-Pak on low power. I agree that it is a stretch to call it a still life...but then again those shells used to have life in them, right? And now they are very, very still. ;)

the background (and I am telling you the honest truth) is an old British Woolly-Bully sweater draped over the arm of a sofa. the lighting is an incandescent lamp above and behind, and an on camera Sun-Pak on low power. I agree that it is a stretch to call it a still life...but then again those shells used to have life in them, right? And now they are very, very still. ;)
points for the lighting and film. I seriously don't even know if i would attempt that. Not like digital with live view when you can take ten tries and pp.

points for the lighting and film. I seriously don't even know if i would attempt that. Not like digital with live view when you can take ten tries and pp.

I'm the first to admit I was LUCKY. Knew the camera and film, but had never tried it with mixed light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back