Search, wait, search

Puscas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Why do I have to wait 30 secs between searches? I've never seen this on other forums and to be honest, it's a bit (well, just a little) annoying.

pascal

I could be totally wrong on this, but if I remember right, I think it has to do with search engine bots....it's to protect from search engine bots overloading the system with searches (something that would slow the site down a lot).

...I think....I'm sure one of the admins knows for sure, and in more detail.

That is essentially right on the money. Searching is a fairly intensive process and can be absued by scripts and bots. You'll find that vbulletin's own forums implement search restrictions as well. If it is that annoying, I'm open to making some changes on it to see if there is any impact.

If it is that annoying, I'm open to making some changes on it to see if there is any impact.

Well, like I said: just a little. But don't go changing things because of me. If there are others on here that share my complaint: okay. If not: let it be (to quote an obscure band from Liverpool)

pascal

Well, like I said: just a little. But don't go changing things because of me. If there are others on here that share my complaint: okay. If not: let it be (to quote an obscure band from Liverpool)

pascal

Good thing that song was already in my head, or I'd be yelling at you for getting it stuck there. ;)

Most reactions

Back