Sears KS500 lenses

skyonfire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all.. Does anybody know what lens are compatible with the Sears KS500? I'm looking for a macro lens and a wide angle lens. Thanks in advance!

skyonfire said:
Hi all.. Does anybody know what lens are compatible with the Sears KS500? I'm looking for a macro lens and a wide angle lens. Thanks in advance!

It probably uses the Pentax K mount. You might see if you can put a Pentax lens on it to make sure. If so any lens with a K-mount will work. Besides Pentax, many other lens manufacturers build lenses with a K-mount.

Actually I did some more research and was able to find out that it takes screw mount lenses.. Does that mean it can take any brand of screw mount lens? Sorry to ask so many questions. Thanks in advance!

Hmmm... I've found sources claiming both screw mount and K-mount.

Take the lens off. If it screws around and around, and has threads on it, it's a screw mount. I'd assume M42 screwmount, which is what Pentax Spotmatics used. You probably won't need to push a button to get the lens off if it's screw mount.

If the lens comes off before it rotates all the way around, and has metal flanges (bayonet), instead of threads, it's a K-mount. You probably will need to push a lens release button if it's bayonet mount.

Hey.. I just called the local pro photo shop and them told me that it is the K mount so... Problem solved.. Thanx for the help though!:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back