Seattle skyline

SkyscraperSunset

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.skyscrapersunset.com
I had to work in Seattle this week, and of course went hunting for skyline shots. This is the view from the Admiral Way overlook, Nov 18, 5:14 PM.
(15 s @ F8.0, ISO 50, 113 mm equiv.)

seattle-night.jpg

Although I think it came out pretty crisp, would it maybe have been more crisp if I shot at F3.2 or so? I don't really know why I used F8.0, since I obviously don't need the DOF here.

Comments appreciated!

At first glance I really liked it a lot. Then the trees in the bottom corners began to distract me a bit from the beauty of the skyline. I think as someone already posted a panorama would be neat...maybe with less sky. That's my thoughts. Beautiful work.

Thanks for the kind words and the critiques.

I agree that the trees were a detraction from the overall quality of the photo, but unfortunately they were too far away to do anything about.

I wanted to keep the sky because of how the colors were caught in the low clouds, but it would probably be possible to keep the same effect even with some cropping.

jadin said:
Just wanted to add that this would probably look terrific as a panorama.

Already made one but didn't post it here yet. It was a beautiful view. This was a bit later in the night though, so the color was not as bright.
16.jpg

Forgive the large watermark, but I posted it on another forum where people steal things like crazy.

Nice photos, isnt f8 optically the best appeture for photos, regardless of DOF.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back