Seattle Skyline

I don't often go to links, but yes, some very nice work on your site, dseidman. Even the "classic view" is excellent.

Thanks for bringing attention to it, daithi33.

holy crap...
i have never thought of shooting seattle from this side...
where did you go to get your shots?

Photos are subjective, and I've seen photos here where I "don't get it" either. It's what makes the world go 'round.

I've seen so many photos of Seattle that I couldn't even attempt to count. I've taken a fair number of them myself. None, in my humble opinion, match #1 above.

First, it's a unique vantage point. That means it's not the same old from-the-water shot. Also, what is lacking makes it different, and that's the famous Space Needle. (It is in the second shot, though.) Most folks want to make sure that gets in the shot at the cost of composition. (I've been guilty of that myself.) Most of those shots are for tourists or for relatives out of town.

The colors are just fantastic and without the oh so typical overdone post processing job. (Everyone seems to be into over-saturation now-a-days.) -- It just looks natural and inviting.

And composition is spot on.... etc...

And that's why I like it.

I really appreciate the compliment!
Thanks for explaining to him. I felt the reason anyone likes a photo is pretty self-evident, but apparently it's not.

TwoRails and Sinister Kid:

After checking out this view for the first time I was very surprised that I had never seen pictures from this vantage point before. If you'd like to know the exact location, I put it on a map for you guys.

"Gawl dang!" That's a heck of a lot further out than I was thinking! I would've thought you'd need a heck of a longer lens than a 300 to get that shot from there. Did you have to crop much??

"Gawl dang!" That's a heck of a lot further out than I was thinking! I would've thought you'd need a heck of a longer lens than a 300 to get that shot from there. Did you have to crop much??

There wasn't any cropping at all. On the map it looks like a long distance but when you're actually up on the hill it doesn't seem all that far away. The first image was taken at 263mm and the second was at 164mm on a 1.6x body. If you have a telephoto lens, it's pretty manageable.

Ya after seeing these pictures im extremely stunned to have never seen any from this angle before! Its nuts!!
I showed my english teacher who is very into photography himself, both film and now digital, and i think they both left him speechless.

Ya after seeing these pictures im extremely stunned to have never seen any from this angle before! Its nuts!!
I showed my english teacher who is very into photography himself, both film and now digital, and i think they both left him speechless.

Thanks for spreading it around! Where are you going to school?

Most reactions

Back