Second and improved attempt of water drops

IanRB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm sure people are tired of seeing water drops, but i never get tired of them haha. Here is a few shots of my second attempt to take water droplets. This time i used an off camera flash and gels bounced off a white backdrop and last time i tried to hand hold the dropper but I was smart enough to put it on a stand. Let me know what you think

3877320130_49af89785d_o.jpg

3877319866_be36a9fff6_o.jpg

3876527795_84e5b25557_o.jpg

3876527181_801363e586_o.jpg

3876527575_3f3484904a_o.jpg

3877319222_db4ed20d48_o.jpg

There are a couple more on my flickr if you want to see them as well as a picture of the setup i used

These are awesome shots for such a simple setup! Good job.

Thanks, i didn't do it on a mirror actually. I had the water in a shallow black cookie sheet. The light was basically level with the water which i think made it more reflective

Thanks everyone, im somewhat bummed though because i realized after taking my pictures that i was in ISO 800 from a previous shoot and a ISO 200 would have made things a little more crisp but owell i hid the noise as best as possible

cool pictures...im a water drop fan too. i took a couple a few weeks ago just out of bordem. seeing yours i think im going to shoot some more but put some time and effort into them. great job - that iso gets you everytime doesn't it!!! i lost count how many times ive been like "damnit my iso is way high".

cool pictures...im a water drop fan too. i took a couple a few weeks ago just out of bordem. seeing yours i think im going to shoot some more but put some time and effort into them. great job - that iso gets you everytime doesn't it!!! i lost count how many times ive been like "damnit my iso is way high".

haha i know. Usually i catch it but it just slipped past me this time and there was no way i was going to redo my shoot because i spent way too much time on it already haha

Most reactions

Back