Second Life

Puscas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Maybe it's been asked before, but is anybody here active in/on Second Life? I just registered out of curiosity, but I'm not quite sure what it's all about. :blushing:.

pascal

Why? I got enough to worry about in my first life.

I personally couldn't figure out that game, I was in some creepy space world when I first got in. But yes, there has been a thread about it on here somewhere.

My computer started effing up when I installed it.

I got rid of it quick time.

I tried that thing a couple of years ago, got bored and gave up.

People are addicted to the thing and some even make agood living out of selling stuff for real money through it. Crazy.

I would say those people are the same that can't make there first life interesting enough. Like...social outcasts and the physically disabled. I actually watched a news article about some guy who was like paraplegic and was all happy cause he started his own dance club called "wheelies". Which of course is totally cute cause everyone there was in a wheelchair in real life, but they were dancing like idiots in the game.

true story.

Well, I was also thinking it is boring. Glad to see I'm not the only one. I'll stay on a little longer and see if things change. If I become addicted (which I seriously doubt, because I have a very interesting real life), I'll let you know...;)

pascal

My first life takes up far too much of my time to start a second one.

Although the concept of making some coin from the game is cool. People are advertising products and stuff in the game. Like shoes. Crazy.

I tried it several years ago and got bored too. I was thinking that I might want to try and get into the design/scripting aspect of it, but my attention span isn't up to that right now. Without doing that, it feels too much like a giant tourist town: You need to spend money to do anything.

It was fun for two days; but then it got boring.

I think it has potential if you want to promote your business/band/whatever.

Interesting story about someone who became a millionaire in real life through Second Life.

http://www.zefrank.com/theshow/archives/2007/01/011707.html

SLIGHTLY not work safe

...btw, that's Ze Frank....check out more episodes...he's insanely funny! Just keep your hands off of him...he's MY future husband!

Most reactions

Back