Second model shoot Jessica

Leo4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Its her first ever shoot. And the day wasnt great, cloudy. But we got a few decent ones. i need ideas that would work better with his skin and face.
P9260110.jpg

P9260287.jpg

P9260144.jpg

P9260213.jpg

P9260227.jpg

Album
Jessica Forester pictures by rangeroverman - Photobucket

P9260280.jpg

the photos tells it all that its her 1st time... I have seen a lot of jump shoot and hers is not bad though.... Take a good model with you because I think ur great with what you do. Models are not necessarily beautiful but those who are ready to take what the photog wants him/her to do. Human subjects depends on how good a photog in bringing out the best in his model.

Its photobucket that causes them to look soft after I upload photos. On the originals they are crystal clear and sharp.

Im trying to work with her somemore to get better results. I have 2 girls Im working with this coming Tuesday that are professionals so Im not worried about having people to shoot. Jessica is being helpful though, shes helping me master studio shooting, patient with me. I think she can do some really pretty photos I just need to find her niche.

The technical side is solid - good expsoures, but maybe not 100% sharp.

She's stiff. You need to get her more relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera. Pick one location that has easy light to work with and stay there. Talk a bit, get her laughing, moving around - feeling natural. When you see this happen, then it's time to start shooting.

Stay at that one location and work around her from all angles. Experiment with composition. Shoot from above and below. Try shooting 2/3 body shots with a wider aperture on a 50mm lens. This will keep you close enough to talk with her while blurring the background a bit.

I have so many clients who want to run around to every possible shooting location with a pretty background. I convince them to pick one. It's impossible to get a large number at several locations when you only have an hour to shoot.

I think you need to work on your composition and cropping. Almost all of the shots have her face right smack in the middle of the frame, usually with a lot of dead space above.

Try placing her face in one of the four 'rule of thirds' spots and see if you don't like that better. Or at least change it up so that they aren't all the same.

You cut her hands or finger tips off in many of them. Don't.

I think the last shot would probably be your best if her hands weren't cut off at the wrist.

in my opinion, the first two are only the really good ones...
the others dont do anything for me...

there is some real potential for the third one (are those banana trees?)
but, looking away like that doesnt do it...

i agree with everyone here, and the negative space isnt used right here at all

and what do you mean, work with this skin and face?
shes beautiful...
i am thinking you mean the actual colors afterwards... just some layer work on hue/saturation...
i recommend going to around 6-8 on hue and lightness, but backing off saturations to about a negative 5...
around there..then sharpen and flatten... that will dramatically help you out there

Most reactions

New Topics

Back