second newborn shoot

Terri Walsh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This sweet little baby was not too cooperative, but I was still able to get some shots.
CC welcome
IMG_9289n.jpg

IMG_9205n.jpg

IMG_9212nbw.jpg

IMG_9171n.jpg

IMG_9184n.jpg

IMG_9180n.jpg

IMG_9381ntdw.jpg

Nice work. I like the B&W ones. Baby skin tone is usually a bit weird, so they tend to look better without color.

I don't know about lighting and all of that as I am still learning a lot on that subject but in my opinion 1, 6 & 7 are soo adroable! I love photo photo 6 of the baby screaming. That's a keeper. The first photo I would have put a long sleeve black shirt over both parents as to make the background more black and maker her stand out better and omg that baby looks like a fake but beautiful doll in photo one lol. Photo seven seems a bit harsh on the contrast but as I said I am learning in this process. I like them though. :)

#1 is my favorite although I do wish both parents had long sleeves on. Ah well. It's still a cute picture!

#2 is very sweet. I'm sure the Mom will love this one!

#3 I don't care for. (Not liking the expression caught)

#4 is a sweet capture. I think it may need a bit more editing done as it feels to 'gray' to me.

#5 is cute. I don't love it but it's still cute.

#6 another of my favorites. Have you tried doing this one in a b&w conversion? Might be cute.

#7 Neat idea although the contrast is too harsh. Try softening that up a bit & desaturate the baby's skin just a tad. Overall, I like the idea but with a little more 'fixing', I think it'll be a keeper.

Just a tip overall...have you tried smoothing the baby's skin any? Especially in close-ups? I really like to do this. It just makes their skin seem 'softer' like it usually feels IRL. :D

Anyways, nice set overall.

I find that the light is flat in all of these, and the skin tones have too much red. Also the contrast has been bumped up on the last one way too much and it has given her hands and feet a unappealing look.

The only one that does anything for me here is #4. Keep working on your lighting, and watch your white balance. The photos have a good sharp focus.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back