Second Try

Wow!
These are so much better, but SOOOOO much better!, than the first roll of B+W film I put into the Leica M5 that my sister let me borrow from her in October - mine were so poorly composed and exposed, I never dared to show you folks here any of them. Not one. Should I? Would you be interested?
I was forever struggling with the light metre, trying to get it right, and with focusing ... fully-automatic digital photography pampers you to no end :roll: ... and my sister had said: "You will soon no longer like it because it will take you forever to get your ONE photo right" ... YOU here got many more than just ONE photo right!!!

jocose said:
ummm, I've never heard of condensation improving men OR women...beer maybe, but never condensation.

I missed that pesky condensation word there... was referring to the beer goggles. :D

PlasticSpanner said:
It shouldn't be any more difficult than Digital if you're thinking about the photograph. If anything it should allow you to be more creative!:thumbup:

In general, you are right.
And it should not be too difficult for me, since I had my "photographic beginnings" in "fully manual" some 30 years ago. If you can call 'photography' what I did at between 13 (when I got my Rollei 35) and ... let me think ... 28 or so.

But with the Leica M5 I feel soooooooooo slow and have to concentrate on soooooooooo many things --- I feel thoroughly pampered by my much more automatic 35mm Canon and more so with digital photography. So I do see the initial or returned problems you can have with a fully manual camera. (I remember how insecure Rob's Pentax made me in Saffron Walden, and I can't say my photos taken with that one were an inspiration ... the only ones that I like from that film are the few that Christiane took :roll: )

LaFoto said:
Wow!
These are so much better, but SOOOOO much better!, than the first roll of B+W film I put into the Leica M5 that my sister let me borrow from her in October - mine were so poorly composed and exposed, I never dared to show you folks here any of them. Not one. Should I? Would you be interested?
I was forever struggling with the light metre, trying to get it right, and with focusing ... fully-automatic digital photography pampers you to no end :roll: ... and my sister had said: "You will soon no longer like it because it will take you forever to get your ONE photo right" ... YOU here got many more than just ONE photo right!!!

LaFoto, thanks for the compliments. I don't think that these pics are so much better, but better enough to convince me not to give up (I hope that makes sense).

Anyway, I wasn't keen on posting these or the older ones, but I decided to do it anyway for the moral support, and that y'all have seem my digital pics come along so nicely.

The point is, that if you are brave enough I would love to see what another beginner has done. I feel pretty confident that no one here will tease about the quality. But I understand if you want to keep them to yourself...I almost did.

9th shot I ever took with my 35mm film SLR back in April this year!:er:

9thshot8mc.jpg

It wasn't hard to improve on that! :lol:

Very first shots!

1&2 the same,

3&4 the same! :lol:

5&6 tried to photograph the calendar!

7&8 the same!

9 you've seen! :blushing:

25, First ever attempt at a portrait! :lol:

34, starting to get the hang of the camera!

Yeah, like you said, shakey. Most of them beg for a tripod, but the compositions overall are quite good, and the exposure as well! So, try No. 2 is well on its way :)

sorry to be remiss on responding here. thanks for the comments, and stay tuned...I have tries #3 and 4 coming...I just need to rescale them and upload them...hopefully they'll be up by the end of the week...I used a tripod and I did the +/- exposure thingy...

Most reactions

Back