Second wedding

And what about if she wants an album at the end? Do I charge extra for the album or is that cost generally covered in the wedding fee?

That's (album) covered in your $2000 package price.

Second shooter...$100-$250

Bitter you crrack me up - no matter the question it's the same answer $2000! Consistency counts.

$h¡t adds up quick!

Gear rental, travel, previewing the venue, second shooter, editing, album, slide show on DVD, an online gallery to show and sell images to everyone...

Why don't you talk to other wedding photographers in Vancouver and see if you can second shoot for them a couple times this summer before her wedding. Talk to them about your market out there and whats generally offered. Sorry just because your taking a course this summer thats not to say your going to get practical experience. Hands on will give you a lot of ideas too and if your a second shooter the whole thing isn't riding on your shoulders. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

We all work in different markets. I wouldn't work or eat if my bottom line was $2000 for a wedding in my local market save for a few families. Weddings in nearby markets (Seattle and Portland) have larger budgets and I revel being able to grab one of those, but there is a lot of competition. You need to make a choice about what part of the market you are going to work in. Will you serve the high end,$2000 to $5000 market or will you work for the bride on the extreme budget. Personally I work on a tierd service level to meet the budget oriented local. I offer products and services that range into the $2000 category if my client has the resources to purchase said products and services.

It will be in my city, so probably not too much travel time...did not think of all those other factors. Do not know how much it will cost to rent a d700 (am saving up for one), and am happy with the lenses I have as of now. For editing I usually manage to get them done in about 2-3 hours depending on how many I have....
Do not know anything about contracts...should I broach those now, or wait until later?

You may not be happy with your lenses on the D700 unless they are Nikons top quality lenses

Most reactions

Back